Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Xenologue 2: Friends

 This is Mo Copeland. She is the current head of school at Oregon Episcopal School, which I attended for twelve years--yes, college was quite a culture schock coming from that. She also happens to be my boss--well, Anne Weston, her assistant, is my boss, but the boss of my boss is my boss...which I guess makes Mo my boss^2--when I work at the switchboard there. Now that I'm off to Japan, it will be up to this heroine to hold the hallowed halls together. To aid her, and her trusty sidekick, she has assembled a crack team of engaged educators and adamant administrators to combat the dual evils of ignorance and poor administrative work.


This is my friend Kaitlyn, holding up a certain excellent book. I have known Kaitlyn since first grade, and this year will probably be the longest we have gone in that time without seeing each other in person. She is an amazing friend, and an awesome writer, and will soon be moving to Seattle to start on neuroscience grad-school. Who knows, she might one day be able to figure out just how my mind works.

Lastly (for today, more coming later) this is my Kindergarten teacher, Nancy Moldoon. Her daughter was friends with my sister, and she and my mother have kept in fairly good contact. I don't really have any bad memories of Kindergarten, so I would say that she did an excellent job taking care of me while I was there.

But wait, soon there will be more...

No comments:

Post a Comment